What is a rebar?
- Rebar, which stands for reinforcing bar, is also known to the general public as reinforcing steel.
- Rebar is typically what you will mostly see on establishments and buildings which as being constructed.
- These are steel-type rods which are used to generally reinforce the foundations of a structure. It is found in any construction which uses concrete as its base foundations since rebar strengthens it.
- Rebar acts as the bonding agent that helps keep the concrete foundations from crumbling under large stresses and loads.
How is rebar manufactured?
- The production process of rebar is very simple and requires extreme heat.
- To make these, steel is heated down until melted and then pushed into circular openings of a certain diameter.
- One of the distinguishing factors of rebar is that it has a “rib” design.
- This adds to the bonding strength of the concrete and prevents it from slipping out of place.
What materials are used in the manufacture of rebar?
- Carbon steel is commonly the material used when making rebar.
- Although, there are also rebar made from stainless steel, carbon fiber, glass fiber, or sometime basalt fiber.
- Since rebar is a type of unfinished steel, it has the tendency to corrode and rust. Because of this some manufacturers of rebar coat them with epoxy or stainless steel.
What are the common types of rebar for sale?
Epoxy coated Rebar – This type is expensive and is usually used within foundations that are submerged in water, particularly saltwater. The epoxy coating protects it from any corrosion or rusting.
Carbon Steel Rebar – This is considered the cheapest and affordable type of rebar. In terms of strength, it is up to par but since it has no protective coating, it is subjected to corrosion and rusting. Regardless of this, it is still the most commonly used in any type of construction.
Stainless Steel Rebar–This type is used alternatively from carbon steel. Since it is stainless, it is automatically immune to rust and corrosion although they are more expensive than the epoxy-coated type.
What are the main specifications of rebar?
- As with other construction materials used, rebar is classified into grades and sizes.
- Rebar is available for sale in various diameters and lengths depending on the application
- The steel type of rebar is required and has the same coefficient of thermal expansion as that of the concrete it is used with.
- This is a very important specification that needs to be taken into account when choosing the right type of rebar. If the coefficient is different, they rebar, and concrete will expand at a different rate, which is highly dangerous and prone to the cracking of the concrete.
- Rebar is commonly made with diameters from 6 mm to 57 mm
What are the Chemical Composition and Mechanical Properties of typical rebar?
- The different types of rebar basically have the same chemical composition.
- They consist of manganese, silicon, alloy, carbon, and many more.
- Some type of rebar is coated with outer protection like epoxy and stainless steel.
- Common mechanical properties of rebar are as follows:
|GRADE||Yield Strength||Tensile Strength||Elongation|
|40||≥280 Mpa||500 Mpa||20 %|
|60||≥420 Mpa||620 Mpa||20 %|
What are the main applications of rebar?
- Rebar is generally used in the field of construction to reinforce concrete structures like slabs and foundations.
- Rebar increases the concrete’s tensile strength so that it can withstand prolonged exposure to tension and compression forces.
- Practically every major modern construction site uses rebar for construction. You can think of rebar as the actual mold of the structures.
Where to Buy Rebar
You may be able to find Rebar in small quantities in your area. But if you want to buy large quantities of Rebar, it is preferable to import directly from the manufacturers. They can issue certifications and provide cost savings which are better than buying the steel in small quantities locally or from a distributor. If you require bulk quantities of this steel, you can buy Rebar on our website.
Here at Camasteel we have Rebar for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation today via email [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response +86-131-2037-9271.