What is Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron or PPGI
Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron is an industrial and civil construction steel product with multiple uses.
Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron is also known as PPGI. PPGI is sometimes referred to as pre-coated steel.
Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron is often used in making a wide range of products from machines to device manufacturing. This is one form of Galvanized Iron (GI) that is submerged in zinc. This helps prevent rust from forming in the product. In the industry, they are often referred to as metallic coated steels or pre-coated steels as well.
What is Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron Used for?
There are various forms of Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron, and the usage of the steel depends on the form. Manufacturers use Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron worldwide for the following needs:
- Construction industry - when your clients are looking for durable but classy and elegant-looking materials, Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron should be at the top of your list. The number one characteristic of PPGI is its ability to withstand corrosion over a long period of time. On top of being used for substantial structural pieces in construction, PPGI can also be considered for smaller needs. It can be for gutters, poles, fencing, and even tubings.
- Wind and Solar Energy Industry - Clean energy is fast becoming the go-to source for energy needs. For manufacturers in this industry, PPGI can be a great material for its ability to withstand extreme weather conditions. The corrosion protection puts your mind at ease knowing your customers are getting quality products that require minimal maintenance on their part. As they leave their items out in the open for extended periods of time, they are assured that the materials are of the highest quality.
- Car industry - Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron or PPGI can also be used in the automotive industry. It can provide vehicles a body that can withstand extreme weather conditions. This gives carmakers the ability as well to market the units as “rust-resistant” given the zinc coating the material has. PPGI can also be ordered in bulk in different colors which is a huge cost-savings for car brands as well.
The most popular uses of this product are in the construction industry and they are often used in commercial and residential industries.
What are the benefits of Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron?
More than what has been discussed earlier, Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron or PPGI still has numerous benefits for your business:
- Worry-free maintenance - Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron gives your clients peace of mind in knowing they are using quality products in their building sites. As a result, your business name is associated with delivering trusted products they can depend on.
- Cost savings - When you purchase PPGI in bulk, they are delivered to you in your desired length and even color. When your clients bring them to their building or construction sites, they are ready to be used. This helps them save on time and money in painting and preparation of the product.
- Rust-resistant - Rust is the number one culprit in the degradation of steel but Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron has a zinc coating that can help it withstand rust over a long period of time. High-corrosion resistance is one of the premier characteristics of PPGI. This also makes the materials fire-resistant giving your customers peace of mind.
- Flexibility - PPGI can be used from cladding sheets, verandas, and even corrugated roofing. Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron comes in a variety of colors for you to choose from. On top of these, they are also processed not only in your desired paint color but length as well.
How do you manufacture Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron?
In factories, Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron is made through a series of steps in a continuous galvanizing line or sometimes referred to as CGL. Pre-cleaning consists of several stages from degreasing the item to washing and coating and primer. This is where it is hot-dipped into molten zinc which provides the PPGi is rust-resistance characteristic. It forms a barrier between the stell and the elements outside keeping the product intact for extended periods of time. After this, it is then cooled down before it is cut down to specific client measurements. It is coiled after for easier transport.
Which Countries Manufacture Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron in Bulk?
The main producers of Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron or PPGI are:
Consumption of Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron has increased dramatically across the world, especially in developing countries. The demand is because PPGI is a ready-to-use construction material that can last for extended periods.
How do you transport Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron?
Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron is typically exported by sea but can be transported in bundles by truck to job sites. A thorough checking process occurs before the steel is ready for export. This is part of a stringent quality assurance process that ensures that the correct product is shipped out to its intended recipients.
Forklifts do all the heavy lifting from loading to unloading. The items are all secured during transport making sure it reaches you safe and sound and have the following dimensions:
- Width - 600 1250 mm
- Thickness - 0.12mm - 2.0mm
- Material: SPCC. SGCC. DX51D. SGCH. ASTM A653. ASTM A792
- Grade SGCC. SGLCC. CGCC. SPCC. STO1Z. DX51D. A653
Where to Buy Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron?
You might find Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron in small quantities near you. However, it is better to import and buy directly from manufacturers if you need huge quantities of PPGI. More than the certification and paperwork that comes with the shipment, you also get to save a lot on cost.
If you require bulk quantities of this steel, you can buy Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron on our website.
Here at Camasteel we have Pre-Painted Galvanized Iron for sale. We export worldwide, so you can contact us for a FREE quotation today via email [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp for a fast response +86-131-2037-9271.