Uses of Steel Products: A PPGI Case Study
Why is Galvanized Iron Used as a Building Material?
Galvanized iron is used as a building material in varying applications from plumbing to interior decorating within the construction industry. Due to its aesthetic appeal, corrosion resistance and high durability, it is one of the most used building materials.
We at Camasteel are going to explain how we were able to satisfy one of our clients from the Philippines with an order of Galvanized iron. Importing niche steel products, like GI, can be not only time consuming, but also daunting and confusing. Thankfully for this construction company, Camasteel has strong company values that guides us to provide the best service possible and handle the entire importing process for our client!
Determining What Kind of Steel Products Our Client Needs
- The client is a Philippines based Construction company who were a part of the Philippines government’s Build, Build, Build program and needed to fill a large order for the best steel product to aid with the construction of houses - particularly for insulation, roofing and the walls. The client had previously considered fiberglass and also struggled choosing between PPGI and PPGL.
- The client contacted Camasteel to express their needs, and they spoke to one of our expert steel consultants. We guided them through the process of choosing the right product, the different steel grades and specifications and how to buy steel products in the most cost-effective and sustainable way.
- We decided that Galvanized Iron (GI) was the best option for the client due to the hot-dip treatment of the steel product, where a protective zinc coating is applied to the surface to prevent rust, making it durable and the best steel product for roofing and walls in construction.
- At Camasteel, we have a variety of Galvanized Steel for sale, but it is crucial to research and find the best unit based on our client’s individual specifications.
- We worked towards finding the best Galvanized Iron deals and determining the best Galvanized steel product to buy.
Finding the Right Galvanized Iron for Building Material
- Camasteel began the search for a steel product which had undergone galvanization that would be the most ideal for the client.
- We pinpointed the sustainable and cost-friendly steel product, pre-painted galvanized iron (PPGI); exactly what our client was looking for.
- We answered all their questions about PPGI - from working with a multitude of varied clients we pretty much know how to answer them all! Take a look at our PPGI FAQs.
- PPGI can be customized to your specific needs:
Philippines construction company client specs for PPGI:
Colors: Ral 7047 (telegrey) and 8002 (flagship brown)
Standard: ASTM A653M
Identifying a Suitable Chinese Steel Manufacturer - Why Camasteel?
- After the order details from the client were received, we handled the rest of the process and began considering our options. The client needed 10 20ft containers of steel, galvanized and pre-coated, though for 3 different use cases; insulation, roofing and the walls.
- During the process, we decided that pre-painted corrugated galvanized iron roofing sheets, (or PPGI roofing sheets) and the PPGI steel coil would be the best two options for the client.
- After a thorough comparison and analysis between other steel products, Camasteel shortlisted both PPGI coil and PPGI roofing sheet based on the quality to price ratio of the products, weighed up against the use case. The choice needed to be cost-effective and sustainable.
- Rather than buying galvanized iron in bulk, the better option was PPGI so that the client did not have to worry about coloring the steel sheet coil themselves. Another concern was having to further process the PPGI sheets for roofing which is why we suggested a split purchase so that the PPGI came ready-to-use for each application.
High Quality PPGI in Bulk: Achieving Clients Cost-Savings
- After we decided on the best products and deals, we contacted the client with the details of our findings. We let them know that we have high-quality cheap prepainted galvanized iron - both PPGI steel coil and PPGI roofing sheets, which would be best for their construction needs.
- Once our client was happy with what they would be receiving, we sent them a quotation for the PPGI and continued to complete the order process, providing
- As a result, we were able to fulfill the order within a tight timeframe of just 2 weeks, while also managing to achieve unparalleled ROI and 20 percent of cost savings for the client!
Unsure of What Steel Product to Use For Building?
Finding the right steel products for building first requires an understanding of the project, the desired lifespan and also your ideal aesthetics. Planning your personal/commercial construction projects can be stressful, especially when time, cost and sustainability are important factors. At Camasteel, we have a wealth of knowledge.
Camasteel Can Consult Your Construction Projects!
We offer a bespoke service and commit to finding the best deals for our clients every time! If you are looking to import PPGI from a Chinese manufacturer, another alternative, such as Steel Coil and Sheet products, or other kinds of steel for your company, then Camasteel can help you out! The process is very simple, all you need to do is:
- Send us your requirements/specifications
- Include the quantity
- Include a preferred port of destination
- That’s it, your work is done - leave rest to us!
And if you aren’t sure where to start at all? Contact us and we can help you every step of the way, including your first one!
What does the Philippines Import from China?
The Philippines imports goods which aid their three main industries, such as electrical equipment, plastics, machinery etc. According to the United Nations COMTRADE database, Philippines Imports from China were approximately USD $28.21 Billion in 2021 alone.
|Philippines Imports from China||Value||Year|
|Electrical, electronic equipment||$7.38B||2021|
|Machinery, nuclear reactors, boilers||$3.07B||2021|
|Mineral fuels, oils, distillation products||$2.57B||2021|
|Iron and steel||$1.96B||2021|
|Articles of iron or steel||$1.50B||2021|
|Vehicles other than railway, tramway||$1.07B||2021|
Importing Steel From China
Iron and steel and articles of iron and steel are the Philippines’ fourth and fifth largest imports from china. This includes:
- long steel products
- Flat products (including PPGI)
- wire rods
Why Import PPGI and Other Steel Products From China?
It is best to import steel from China because of availability, cost and quality.
Quality PPGI Steel
The Filipino government has taken extra measures to ensure the quality of imported steel, so opting for trusted manufacturers with a wealth of experience and knowledge is the best way to ensure you can import your steel product free from stress!
Due to high production costs and high competition in the area, buying steel from local suppliers may prove more expensive and options may be limited. Buying straight from manufacturers, like Camasteel means that costs are cut due to the reduction in the supply chain.
The production of steel in the Philippines does not meet the high demand for the usage of products such as the PPGI roofing sheet, which is the go-to material for roofing in smaller construction projects in the country.
Where to Find Quality PPGI for Sale?
Contact us at Camasteel if you too are looking for pre-painted galvanized iron, or need a reliable partner that provides its clients with affordable yet quality steel. Just fill us in with your company’s specific needs, such as PPGI for large-scale construction, and Camasteel will fulfill your request and complete the entire process for you efficiently while saving cost!
If you’d like to learn more about the production process of coated steel coil manufacturing then watch our youtube video below. Find out how to prep rusted galvanized metal for painting, what is used to coat galvanized iron and more!